The Design and Building Practitioners Act 2020 introduced fundamental changes for designers of class 2 buildings (or buildings with a class 2 part) in NSW. It has been almost one year since the regulation of design and building work, practitioner registration, disciplinary actions, investigations and enforcement provisions came into effect, and it’s almost two years since the introduction of the extended duty of care.
Join us for our next webinar where Paul Bannon and Julian Mellick of Colin Biggers & Paisley Lawyers will discuss:
- a brief overview of the legislation;
- their experience over the past 12 months of court pleadings, caselaw and consultancy agreements;
- the activity of the NSW Building Commissioner; and
- how these obligations could be expanded in the future.
Paul and Julian will be joined later in the webinar by Planned CoverState Manager (NSW), Simon Gray to discuss some of the insurance concerns arising from these obligations and what, if any, cover might be available.
General Admission: $80 BUT Co-architecture members get 15% off when using this discount code at checkout: 22WEB5COA
Tuesday 28 June 2022
12.30pm - 1.30pm (AEST)
- CAREER LOAD & RELOAD WA AIA
- NATIONAL WEBINAR - Recent Court Rulings on Cladding Claims
- 16 architecture and design studios currently hiring with flexible working arrangements
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2022 Awards revealed!
- Design Speaks Collection – New Directions in Market Housing
- Design Speaks Collection – Compact Housing