What a year. From boom times, through fire, flood and plague, economic hardship and the constant of our rapidly escalating climate crisis, it’s been a rollercoaster, but what does this mean for market housing? In looking at four market housing projects, we ask the architects what conditions they were addressing that no longer exist and what conditions have rapidly changed. We ask them to speculate – if you started this project again today, what would be different? What would you do differently? How should we think about the future of market housing?
Angelo Candalepas, Candalepas Associates (The Castle, NSW).
Quino Holland, Fieldwork and Emma Telfer, Assemble (Macaulay Road, Vic).
Philip Thalis, Hill Thalis Architecture and Urban Design (Studio Apartments, NSW).
Alison Brooks, Alison Brooks Architects (Ely Court, UK).
Presentations are followed by a panel discussion chaired by curators Andrew Burns, Andrew Burns Architecture, and Hannah Tribe, Tribe Studio Architects.
This session was originally presented as part of The Architecture Symposium: Housing Futures (2020).
Thursday, 19 May 2022 to Friday, 12 Aug 2022 + Add to Calendar
2 formal CPD points
- CAREER LOAD & RELOAD WA AIA
- NATIONAL WEBINAR - Recent Court Rulings on Cladding Claims
- 16 architecture and design studios currently hiring with flexible working arrangements
- Australian Interior Design Awards 2022 Awards revealed!
- Design Speaks Collection – New Directions in Market Housing
- Design Speaks Collection – Compact Housing